It’s been rather quiet around here lately! My apologies! Lord-willing that will be different in the near future! Someone gave the analogy that the Farm is like a smoldering fire, and with a small breeze it’s going to burst into a roaring fire!
We’ve had quite a few inquiries from young women who are hurting and desperately wanting help. As we go forward in the application process please keep us in your prayers as we discern how we walk along side each one. With these applications coming in for girls who would like to live at the Farm 24/7, we are also very aware of our need for more staff. We need both a mentor and a school teacher. Do you know of a single lady or possibly an older married couple who would be interested in serving at BSF? Please give us their contact info. You can email us at email@example.com.
For those of you who are not familiar with Bethesda Springs Farm, here is a glimpse of what we are about.
Our vision at BSF is to ‘offer hope, healing, and wholeness through Christ.’ We accomplish this by:
- Providing a safe home for teen girls and young women who need a place to get away from life’s struggles and to find healing from wounded hearts.
- Showing these girls how much Jesus loves and cares for them
- Inviting girls into a caring family atmosphere (what we refer to as our Farm Family) where they can come and be nurtured, encouraged, and have a place to belong
We recognize and passionately believe that healing ultimately comes through relationship with Jesus. It is our desire to provide an environment where girls can experience a life-changing relationship with Him.
As our mentor’s walk daily along side of these girls and young women they strive to teach both relational skills and basic life skills.
- How to conflict well
- How to live in community
- Become aware of our Heavenly Father’s daily involvement in our lives
- Daily chores: cooking, cleaning, caring for animals
- Learn to be open and honest about what we are feeling and how to communicate that in healthy ways
One of the things that we are excited about is our horsemanship program. This program takes a girl who is totally inexperienced with horses and step-by-step helps them to become comfortable interacting with them, learning to ride and eventually completing the program with trail riding privileges. In teaching a girl to ride it also accomplishes several other things as well:
- Builds self-confidence
- Trust is built between the mentor and girl as they work together
- Healing happens as she cares for the horse
- Learn the responsibility of caring for an animal
Many times when a girl visits the Farm, the barn and the horses is where she wants to go first. There is an explainable bond between hurting girls and horses. Our goal is to use the program as an avenue for healing.
Blessings to you and yours during this joyous Christmas season!